For more than 15 years, Theorem has supported in-house teams at leading organizations, agencies and technology companies, with expertise and scale. Over that time, we have observed some top notch in-house agencies and design teams. Working along side so many amazing teams has made clear what works when it comes to building your in-house agencies and what does not.
Below we have compiled some of the best practices observed by these teams. All of which, if utilized, will ensure your ability to create an amazing branding team and/or in-house agency.
Here Are 10 of the Best Practices of the
Top In-House Agencies & Brand Teams:
1. Focus, Focus, Focus
- What areas of marketing, data and institutional knowledge are the key focus for this core internal team(s)?
- How will this team(s) contribute to support the overarching company goals?
- Which elements and goals that are critical to the success of your business should this team be focusing on?
2. Expertise is Key
- When conducting this audit, ask yourself the following:
- What technology, data, industry skills and attributes are needed within this core team?
- Which skill sets do I already have at my disposal?
- What subject matter experts do I need to bring on in order to make this a well rounded team?
- How can I efficiently bring these SMEs onto the team?
- Do I have the budget to hire all of the SMEs required to complete the team or do I need to find a partner who can fulfill these needs for me?
3. What is Your Tech Ecosystem?
4. Plan for Evolution
5. The Ins & Outs of Campaigns—Big & Small.
6. Review Your Resources. Know Your Bandwidth.
- Will your in-house teams be responsible for the support of a single brand or multiple brands, business units and teams?
- Do you have a global footprint or is it fairly localized?
- Are your campaigns multi-lingual across time zones?
- Have you established internal best practices to manage across various privacy regulations?
7. Data is the Golden Solution
8. Game Plan for Change of Seasons
9. Media Management is Essential
- Do you procure media via private marketplaces, open exchanges or partner trading desks?
- Who manages these relationships?
- Does your organization have the skills and bandwidth to manage media while deploying campaigns to attract new eyeballs?
- Who is managing existing customers and who is managing new leads?
- Do you have your own trading seat?
10. Good Partners are Priceless
Digital challenge? We’ve got a solution. Contact us today and let’s get started.
Choose from our service lines and submit the form, then we’ll get in touch to explore how Theorem can help grow your digital revenue.